Before I get to the main part of the post, a quick story, because it’s been a while since I embarrassed my kids.
After school today, my boys took part in a Halloween party. Normally, this wouldn’t be much to comment about. However, things never seem to travel along a normal path around here. To that end, I present a timeline of pertinent events:
- I wake the boys up at the regular hour, plenty of time to shower, dress, and choose costumes.
- I lay out ‘regular’ school clothes for The Little One.
- The Little One chooses to bring his stormtrooper costume for the party.
- The boys head off to school.
- The wife arrives at the party, gathers the boys and brings them home.
- We realize that, not only has The Little One lost his shirt at some point during the day, but he is also no longer wearing any underwear.
I wish that I could say that I have no idea how these types of things happen, but I can’t. I do know. Because stormtroopers don’t wear sweaters. And they apparently also don’t wear underwear. He was going for the authentic look. And I love him for it. Anyway, on to the rest of the post.
I need book titles. And, not just any titles. I’m looking for KidLit books that utilize interactive and inventive ways to engage readers. For example: Warning: Do Not Open This Book engages the reader directly through the narration. Press Here engages readers in a more physical way, twisting and turning the book. I have a few favorites, but I am looking for more examples. Especially any examples that are not picture books, although I’d love to hear your picture book titles as well.
So, here is my call to action, add one or more titles in the comment sections below and you just might get mentioned in my workshop. Thanks in advance for the help.