Welcome readers to the October BookDare. Not familiar with the BookDare? Here’s a quick review:
- Visit the blog each month for the 4 themes.
- Read a book for each theme.
- Talk about your books in the comments or on twitter (#BookDare).
- Get entered to win the prize. (Enter by posting the books you read in the comments below.)
- Read a bonus book or 4.
- Post your bonus titles for additional entries.
- Read more books.
Pretty simple, right? Let’s get to the themes!
You can read any type (e.g., Picture Book, Middle Grade, Graphic Novel, etc.) of kidlit book you want for each theme. In honor of Ame Dyckman’s new book Tea Party Rules, now available everywhere books are sold, I will be giving away a copy as this month’s prize. If you don’t already follow Ame on the twitter, I suggest you do. She is a riot. Without further ado, the October themes.
- Halloween is in October. Read a book with a halloween theme.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Read a book with pink on the cover.
- October 31 is Increase Your Psychic Powers Day. Read the book that you think I’m thinking of right now.
- October 6 is Mad Hatter Day. Read a book with a hat on the cover.
And here are your October bonus themes:
- October 9 is Moldy Cheese Day. Just mention your favorite cheese in the comments for an entry.
- October 11 is Take Your Teddy B ear to Work Day. Read a book with a bear in it.
- October is Cookie Month. Read a book with a cookie on the cover or in the title.
- October is the beginning of Hockey Season. Read a book featuring this great sport.
Don’t forget to come back and post your books here in the comments. Happy reading!